The Compliance Monitoring Committee serves to aid the Council of Juveniles Services in maintaining and improving compliance with the Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Act.
- Assist the Department of Corrections in monitoring the state's compliance with the Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Act
- Review violations of the Act
- Identify strategies to increase compliance with the Act
- Review the Reimbursement Program for updates and new strategies for compliance
- Help the Department of Corrections conduct site visits
- Submit annual recommendations to the Council of Juvenile Services concerning the status of the state's compliance with the Act;
LINKS TO DOCUMENTS/SITES
Click on the underlined sections next to the format (Website, PDF, Word) to pull up the documents/sites. Some of the files are in Adobe PDF format. You may have to print a copy of the file and fill out to send in. To download a free copy of Adobe PDF, click here.
National Compliance Documents/Sites
Compliance Monitoring Guidance Manual Website Website Link
Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Act of 2002 Website Link
Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Guidance Manual for Monitoring Facilities Under the Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Act of 2002
South Dakota Holding
South Dakota Juvenile Holding Matrix PDF
Matrix of holding requirements for South Dakota Facilities
Reimbursement program establish by the Council of Juvenile Services to aid counties in covering the costs of holding juveniles in accordance to state and federal law.
Juvenile Services Reimbursement Program Description (background information) PDF
Request for Reimbursement for Juvenile Justice Services Word
Holdover Reimbursement, Non-County Operated Holdover Sites
Reimbursement program establish by the Council of Juvenile Services to aid in covering the costs of placing a juvenile in non-secure holdover or attendant care accordance to state and federal law.
Holdover Guidelines PDF
Holdover Policy and Procedure List PDF
Any Juvenile Detention Facility that is located on the same grounds as a jail must be approved as a collocated facility by the Department of Corrections. In order for a facility to meet the requirements, they must meet the Collocated Standards.
Collocated Standards PDF
Collocated Policy List PDF