Mike Leidholt, Cabinet Secretary
To protect the citizens of South Dakota by providing safe and secure facilities for juvenile and adult offenders committed to our custody by the courts, to provide effective community supervision to offenders upon their release and to utilize evidence-based practices to maximize opportunities for rehabilitation.
For purposes of community and victim notification, an Online Offender Locator is available to search the status of inmates, parolees and those who have completed their court-ordered sentences.Search
May 1, 2019 Inmate Marlon Dumarce Back in Custody
- Giving Back
- 2019 Legislative Summary
- Jameson medical expansion project
- CJI Implementing Comprehensive Juvenile Justice Improvement
- Inmate Visitation Policy, Visitation Frequent Questions
- Inmate Correspondence Policy
- Recidivism rates
- Notice on K9 searches
- Vocational Education-Workforce Development
- Inmate Tablets
We sell a variety of products to federal, state, and local government agencies, non-profit organizations, and state employees.